Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just An Update

I have been sorely neglecting this blog, and for that .. well, I suck. Things have been a little crazy and a lot stressful, but in my second life as a soccer coach, they couldn't be better.

I've been working with the girls for two months now, and I've definitely seen a lot of improvement. I've had good reports from Stu about his starting keeper, who I've mentioned several times in this blog. I really want to go watch her play soon.

The biggest development since I've last posted anything would be my coaching clinic experience. I'm going for my "D" license, and the process has been a little, well, nerve-wracking.

It's not that I don't think I'm qualified, but rather that I'm nervous! Basically, you are evaluated on your coaching skills and understanding of the game. You work out a practice plan and you have to work out key coaching points. It's been an interesting process, and I have my testing this weekend.

The girls have a big scrimmage tonight. They're playing a team a year older than them, so it'll be a good challenge. I'm nervous about that, too, and about the tournament we're going to on Labor Day weekend.

Playing wise, I had a blast at Neptune, but haven't played since. Vacation and a leg infection has kept me sidelined. But, since I have two games Thursday, I'll be back in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment