Monday, September 20, 2010

0-6

Our second WAGS game saw us playing against the top team in the division, so I started out the game conservatively in a 3-3-1 formation. The girls really held their own in the first half, only going down one goal, and again, I learned some things about the players.

We ended up losing the game 2-0, but I was okay with that. I thought my girls were the better team, but we just haven't quite jelled yet. It'll come for sure, but it takes time. I did switch to a 2-4-2 with a holding and attacking midfielder and that worked much better, so that's what we'll play from now on.

The boy and I ended up picking up  a game last night, which was fun. It's nice to go onto a pick-up team and really be an impact player. Makes me wish I would have been the player I am now in college -- I bet my college playing would have been a hell of a lot different. Oh well.

Another busy soccer week with lots to do is ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment