Saturday, September 4, 2010

Patriot Cup -- Day One

I made my coaching debut today. I mean, I've been a coach at games before, but this was my first team, my first tournament, my first stint as the leader of the pack (and believe me, I've got a pack!), and my first taste of what is in store for me for the rest of the season.

I don't know whether to be amused or to curl up in a ball and cry.

Actually, it really wasn't that bad. I had to step back and realize that I am coaching a brand new team, and I am a brand new coach, and this is a brand new experience. Things aren't going to be bright and shiny just yet.

We lost both games, but I certainly learned a lot, and I have a definite plan for tomorrow.

There's a lot of improvements to be made, mostly offensively. We need to learn to shoot!

All in all, though, I'm pumped. There's so much talent on this team, and we just need time to develop it. I wish I had more to write, but my brain is fried, and I have a rum and coke in hand.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Rum and coke, yum.

    But to be serious, that sounds pretty awesome to me! Man, I'm sure the girls on your team realize how lucky they are to have you - cause you're freakin' amazing. Simple enough :) That, and hey...I wanna play soccer with you, too!!! Haha...keep up the good work! Love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete